The great outdoors has been there for so many of us over the recent months. Spending time outside and connecting with the natural world increases wellness as it decreases anxiety and stress. Expressing gratitude also relieves stress as it increases happiness. Join us for our Garden Gratitude Photography Contest – the ultimate stress buster!
We want you to share the photos that made you appreciate Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens in a different way. What got you slow down and look closely? Did you discover something new? What rejuvenated you during your visit? Which season at Jenkins brings you the most joy? Check out the full contest rules and submission details below.
• This contest is open to everyone – members and non-members can participate.
• All photographs MUST have been taken at Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, preferably within the past few years.
• All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants.
• Entrants will be grouped into two categories – Adults and Youth (17 and under).
• Photos will be grouped into two categories – Landscape and Macro.
– Limit of two photo submissions per person in each category.
• Photos may be any subject matter that fits our theme of Garden Gratitude (flowers, trees, leaves, wildlife, landscapes, seasonal, etc.).
• All photos must be accompanied by a photo description of its connection to Garden Gratitude. Please keep the description to no more than 150 characters.
• Complete online entrant form
• Send photos to email@example.com via email attachment or file transfer service (i.e. WeTransfer).
• When sending photos, please use the subject “Garden Gratitude Photo Contest 2021.”
• Name photo files with your first and last name and category ( i.e. Autumn Jenkins_Macro).
• Entries must be submitted via email by midnight on November 7, 2021 to be considered.
• The top four entries in each category will be chosen by Jenkins’ Art Committee.
• Public virtual voting will decide the winner in each category – virtual voting will be held November 14-21, 2021. Winners will be announced on November 22, 2021.
• One prize winner will be chosen in each photo category for each entrant category.
• Deadline for entries: Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
• Each winner will receive a one year membership to Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens and a gift basket from the Garden Shop at Jenkins.
• Each winner will have their photo used in media put out by Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens.
• All contest entries will be posted by Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens (details TBD).