13th Annual Visitors’ Photography Exhibition
On View: January 13 – March 3, 2024
Opening Reception: Sunday, January 14, 2024, from 2 – 4 PM. All are welcome.
Gallery open daily from 9 AM – 4 PM
Note: Gallery may occasionally be closed for meetings or programs. Please call ahead to confirm availability if you are driving from a distance: 610-647-8870
About the Exhibition:
Join us to see Jenkins through our visitors’ eyes! This collection of photography is a celebration of the relationship between the gardens and the people who enjoy them. Each visitor has a unique experience in the gardens, perspective of the landscape, and relationship with Jenkins. These photographs capture many of those intimate moments between Jenkins and its visitors.
- This exhibition is open to all. Members as well as non-members are encouraged to participate.
- All photographs MUST have been taken at Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, preferably within the past few years.
- Photographs may be any subject matter (flowers, trees, autumn, leaves, insects, birds, landscapes, etc.).
- All styles will be accepted and will be assigned to one of two categories – Macro and Landscape.
- All photography must be submitted in person at Jenkins on Monday, January 8 or Tuesday, January 9 between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- All photography must be matted, framed, wired with d-rings, and ready to hang in a presentation that conveys professionalism. Neutral mats and dark (black or brown) frames are strongly encouraged. Submissions may be any size.
- Please attach an entry card to the back of each framed submission. Click here for entry card.
- Submissions limited to 5 per artist.
- This is a juried show. Entry does not guarantee that your piece will be hung in the show.
- Members: $10 for the first submission and $5 for each additional submission.
- Non-members: $20 for the first submission and $10 for each additional submission.
- Photographers may choose to make their work available for purchase. Photography may also be listed as NFS (not for sale).
- All sales will be handled by Jenkins; the artist will receive 70% of the sale and Jenkins will retain a 30% commission at the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Photographs that are sold must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibition. Unsold work must be picked up on Monday, March 4 between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Jurors will select a first, second, and third place in each category and monetary awards will be given for each. The amount of these awards is $100 for first, $75 for second, and $50 for third place.
- In addition to the recognition and monetary award, the winners of each category will be invited to share a few remarks at the opening reception along with the Jurors.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org