Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens is seeking an accomplished leader to replace its current Executive Director, who is retiring in late spring 2019 after 33 years of leadership.
Located in Devon, PA, near Philadelphia, “America’s Garden Capital”, Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens has established a unique and tranquil woodland garden with a world class collection of rhododendrons, azaleas and other ericaceous plants and has created a series of educational programs of interest to both the professional and informal gardener.
The Arboretum seeks a candidate who will be passionate about its mission and has the proven ability to inspire this same passion in others and to help Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens reach new levels of organizational excellence.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about and have significant experience in both horticulture and business management and ideally will have an advanced degree in a related discipline combined with a broad practical knowledge and experience base. The appropriate candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities in prior and present positions:
1. Engaging personality supportive of fund raising from the community and membership
2. Ability to work productively with Board, staff and volunteers
3. Knowledge and passion to maintain and enhance the horticultural collections
4. Energy and vision to advance and support the mission, vision and values of Jenkins
5. Strong operations management experience along with an understanding of budgeting and financial management
Please send a letter of introduction and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Housing will be provided on the grounds of the Arboretum. Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2019.