9th Annual Visitors’ Photography Exhibition
Exhibition: Saturday, February 15 through Sunday, March 29
Open daily, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closing Reception: Sunday, March 29 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- This exhibition is open to all. Members as well as non-members are encouraged to participate.
- All photographs MUST have been taken at Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, preferably within the past few years.
- Photographs may be any subject matter (flowers, trees, autumn, leaves, insects, birds, landscapes, etc.).
- All styles will be accepted, and will be assigned to one of two categories – “Macro” and “Landscape”.
- Submissions may be any size
- All artwork must be framed, wired, and ready to hang in a presentation that conveys professionalism. Colored frames and/or mats are strongly discouraged.
- Submissions MUST be delivered to the Arboretum any time between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm from Monday, February 3 through Friday, February 7. No submissions will be accepted after 4:00 pm on Friday, February 7.
- Please attach an entry card to each submission. Click here for entry card.
- Submissions limited to 5 per applicant.
- Members: $10 for the first submission and $5 for each additional submission.
- Non-members: $20 for the first submission and $10 for each additional submission.
- Photographers may choose to make their work available for purchase, but this is not a requirement.
- All sales must be handled between the photographer and the purchaser.
- Photographs that are sold must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Judges will select a first, second, and third place in each category and monetary awards will be given for each. The amount of these awards is $100 for first, $75 for second, and $50 for third place.
- In addition to the recognition and monetary award, the winners of each category will be invited to present a slideshow at the closing reception. This slideshow allows winners to show selected photographs from their entire body of work.
- A closing reception will be held from 2:00 – 4:00 pm on Sunday, March 29 and will include a Juror’s Talk and the winning artists’ slide shows.